We Walk Because…
- We understand that suicide prevention is only effective when we can de-stigmatize the subject of suicide and talk openly and honestly about it
- We are honoring the lives of those who have committed suicide – they are not forgotten
- We want family and friends who have lost a loved one to suicide to have a day to acknowledge their loss in public
- We know that suicide crosses all ethnic, economic, racial and educational lines – it affects everyone
- We need to let everyone know that at Long Island Crisis Center “It’s Okay To Ask For Help”
- “We Walk…We Talk” together and we go home knowing that we may be saving a life.
JOIN US AND BE OUR LIFE-SAVING PARTNER
REGISTER…CREATE A PAGE…TELL A STORY…MAKE A TEAM…SET A GOAL…
USE FACEBOOK AND TWITTER…WALK WITH US…GET INVOLVED!
If you or someone you know is in need of help, please call Long Island Crisis Center's 24/7 hotline at (516) 679-1111; or chat live online at www.licconline.org; or text LICC to 839863; or walk-in counseling 2740 Martin Ave., Bellmore (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Learn more about Long Island Crisis Center at www.longislandcrisiscenter.org